Sunday, March 9, 2008

Ok, I gotta do better than that!

So it has been a few weeks. But I am back!!

Life can become quite busy at times. Not mentioning family and work, my time gets filled with School (I am getting my MBA), church responsibilities and now T-ball! I am coaching Dallin's t-ball team, and it is a lot of fun and a good lesson in patience. We are two weeks into practicing now and the kids seem to be enjoying it. There are ten kids on the team ranging in age from 5-7. Most of the kids seem to be somewhat coordinated, while a few others are learning about hand eye coordination. It is fun watching them try, and at the same time it wears a bit on your patience.



There's a picture of Dallin taking a whack at the ball! Yesterday we attempted to learn positions and base running. I love it when the parents seem to think letting kids think on their own is a bad idea. As I was teaching, I would point at the base and ask the kids, "what base is that?" a voice from the peanut gallery, not a kid, would yell out loud and fast, "2nd base!!" I then did the same thing with the positions, same voice would yell out "left field!!" I wanted to say, good job, I am glad you are learning, now SHUT UP and let the kids respond!! But being me, I decided against that approach! Maybe she was learning herself for the first time....

Hopefully the season goes well, games start next month, I think we have a good chance to be the champs, especially since they don't have outs or keep score! Go Pirates! (oh yeah that is our team!)

1 comment:

Orange Peanut said...

You are so very patient. Maybe we should bring peanuts to throw at said mom, since she is the peanut gallery? I never would do that, but it would be funny!