Wednesday, February 6, 2008

It's 2008 and I'm collecting Kanz!

Well its a new year -- actually its February already, and I have a desire to be better at keeping track on what is going on in my life. I recently taught a lesson in Elder's Quorum that was based on a conference talk by Elder Henry B. Eyring from the Cotober 2007 conference. The basis of his talk was that we need to do a better job of recognizing the hand of the Lord in our lives and making record of our blessings so that they can be shared with others. Just happened to be that while on my drive to work this morning I listened to this talk again, and felt like I needed to start taking note of how the Lord blesses my life. Elder Eyring spoke about how he took time every day to note how he observed the hand of the Lord in his Life that day, and how he passed those comments onto his children later in their lives. So while thinking about that I felt that starting a blog like this would be a great way to capture my own experiences and preserve them for my boys and for others who may like to take a peek.

I am calling my blog collecting Kanz, because I am collecting my experiences, my personal collection of Kanz!

So the first thing I wanted to record are my feelings about how my life has been blessed by having a prophet on the Earth, especially Gord B. Hinckley. It has been a little over a week since he passed away. I am so glad that I lived while he was the prophet. I first witnessed his amazing witness when the Family Proclamation was published during my mission, from there I watched him lead the charge to bring Temples to the people, first to Venezuela, then to my own front door as the Sacramento temple was built. In a day of much chaos, it is such a blessing to have a prophet who leads us, and is guided by the Lord to help us find peace and our way back home. As the Hymn goes, I truly thank God for the Prophet. And I am now excited to follow our new prophet Thomas S. Monson, I know that he too will fulfill his calling with all the reverence it requires and he will help point us along our path home.

Stay tuned, my goal is to chime in every day....I'll keep my fingers crossed that I can be so dilligent!

No comments: