Friday, February 8, 2008

Lucky 13!

Well 13 years ago today I entered the MTC starting my mission. It is hard to believe that 13 years have already flown by.

I am so grateful for my mission and the many experiences that I had while I served. I don't think a day goes by when I don't reflect back on some aspect of my mission. Serving in a Spanish speaking country alone has blessed my career, giving me many opportunities to speak Spanish and work with Latin America. The leadership experiences helped prepare me for callings and for work opportunities. Living with a companion taught me how to deal with people and helped prepare me in many ways for mariage. But most of all the opportunity to learn about the Savior and to serve his children left a mark on my life that will last forever. I truly gained a deeper love for my Savior as I served and grew to know Him more intimately.

Some say that going on a mission is a sacrifice, I disagree, not having gone on a mission would have been the sacrifice. To have missed that opportunity would have been a regret that would have haunted me forever. I am so thankful for the gospel and the opportunities it provides to help us grow, and boy did I grow while I served the Lord by serving his children in Venezuela!

No comments: